Monday, September 10, 2012

"We love because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19 (NIV)


I guess for the past weeks or so, this has been on my mind. The thought of marriage. And once in awhile, i ask God, "is this the man that You have sent into my life?" Somehow, it seems like it. And I cant help but to think about life after marriage. The kind of lifestyle i would want to pursue with him, the kind of house we will buy, the car we will drive, the number of kids we have, the kind of lifestyle we adopt and of course, the love we possess for one another.

It gets me excited to think about such stuff. I guess its because he is my first, and i will make him my last. The one and only for sure. I admit, it isnt a easy journey ahead of us. There are constant challenges coming our ways, obstacles that we have to overcome, but I'm sure that God will see us through all of it. Thankfully, its been 1 year and 4 months now, and counting. And i cannot be ever thankful for all the memories he has created. He is like an angel sent from heaven. For all these years, i have been patiently waiting and it seemed like it was meant to be. *grinning*

For it has been said in scriptures, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor; If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 

Indeed, two is better than one.

I came across this movie, called The vow, and it has ever since then became my favorite movie of all times. There are quotes from the movie that never fails to move me deep within.


"I vow to love you. And no matter what challenges might crry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other."
"I vow to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home."

This movie has taught me the core values of a marriage and the importance of the vow. After watching it, I cant wait til the day arrives when i stand in front of God and me to proclaim my vows to him whom i will spend the rest of my life with, and him whom God made me one with. Its a new phase of life which i look forward to.

Missing you always,
Van


1 comment:

  1. this is so sweet dear (: so glad you found your God-sent man! (:

    ReplyDelete