Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV)

Adidas King of the Road 2012. 28th October 2012.


This is my next goal in mind. To finish the race. I know it seems almost impossible for me to complete a 16.8km run because never in my life have i ran this far. But I know for sure one thing, that my God knows no limits.

Today i started my training, running . Its been almost 7 months since i last ran. And my stamina is now far gone. Nonetheless, I managed to hit 8km in 1 hour and 5 mins. Not too bad for someone who hasnt been running for sooo long. This challenge I post for myself is simply a challenge to tell myself that I can never do this alone without Him and He will pull me through. Its not gonna be easy run, i know that, but its possible.

Running 8km today was almost a killer. I did walk half way through because my heart couldnt take the sudden pumping i guess. But in the end it felt great to start the ball rolling again. For sure my muscles are gonna ache tomorrow. But there's always a price to pay. Im glad though, at least I started running again after procrastinating for sooo long.

Running along the Park Connector (PCN) brought back many memories. Nostalgic in fact. The PCN was the route that brought me through many occasions in my JC life. I used to run at the PCN whenever school was getting a toil on me, I used to run whenever things wasnt right at home. It was my place of stress-relieve. I used to run when a marathon was coming up and i needed that boost. I used to walk Hugo there along the canal and just talk to him about my day especially when it wasnt going well.(I miss him so much). I used to run there when i needed time alone with God. It was a place of comfort. Oh and i used to run when i couldn't get my mind off guys who used to blow my mind off.. haha. yea.. Running never fail to bring me peace. Whenever I go for my runs, my phone is hardly, almost never with me. So its like I'm totally let alone to my own world, which is something i enjoy a lot. Spending "me" time and time with God alone. On the side note, the PCN was also the place where me and alvin reconciled. He's the first guy apart from my family, that has ever walked the PCN with me. Nostalgic huh.. All the good and not so good memories all came back to me when i was running today. Every part of the PCN meant something... Something special..something i miss...

Anyway, im glad im back on track. And I will keep on running because i know that with God, 16.8km will be manageable. Furthermore, im gonna run with my dear jasmine. So i guess it will be fun and enjoyable, with alittle of HTHT here and there. hahaha.. i miss her though honestly.. she is like one of my closest JC girlfriend whom knows quite alot bout me, just like Katie whom i too miss alot because she is away. Yap, my two sporty and pretty buddies. Looking forward to race day.

Til then, i will keep running.

With faith,
Van


No comments:

Post a Comment