Sunday, September 9, 2012

" I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever; with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations" -Psalm 89:1


Once again, today I was serving at the 9am service and was part of the worship praise team as a co-singer. And i was given the chance to sing solo for the song, To you. It was always something special to me to be able to sing in church. Because it was where i found the gift of singing. I never knew i could sing until i entered sunday school.
Anyway, this morning, after the service, a lady who used to be my sunday school teacher, came up to me and said: " You can really sing very well you know? You should really consider going to join a singing competition like singapore idol or something." haha when i heard this, all i could say was:" Thank God." Because I know He gave me the gift of singing, and all i wanted was to use this gift to praise Him. I did consider ever to fulfill my dream to sing but then again, I would go back to the root of how i started singing. Maybe someday i might chase that dream if God opens the door. But i never know when that opportunity would come. So i'll wait. Even if it never comes, I know I was made to touch the hearts of His people with my voice that He gave. And that spotlight, will always belong to Him and Him alone.
 I'm thankful to be able to portray how i feel through songs. Somehow at times words just cannot portray how one truly feels. But with songs, unspoken words seems to be clearly expressed. I enjoy locking myself in my room, take out my guitar and just start strumming in my world. Somehow singing takes away that stress within and makes me feel at peace once again.
So I'll keep singing of Your love as long as I live.

With a contrite heart,
Van

No comments:

Post a Comment