Sunday, July 11, 2010

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THY SELF


"That this is my commandment , that you love one another as I have loved you. For this shall all men know you are My disciple, for you have loved one for another"
i guess i will never forget this song, because this song was the first ever song i sang at my first children's camp. It was held at the St John's island, and i can still remember how all of us would sing with all our hearts although at the age of 8 we dont even know what what the word commandment really meant, or how important it was to love one another. but those memories were awesome. thinking back, God had really been faithful to me throughout my life. the journey from being a sunday school kid, to a sunday school teen, to a graduate from sunday school and also from citykids, to serving Him in little ways like hand sign language, to serving Him with my voice and so on... this journey was a long one. And im thankful. It seemed to unreal that i made it this far.
but it will never fail to go back to this simple song, love one another as i have loved you. even now, it seems so hard to love the unlovable at times. its always struggle to love those who persecutes, those who discriminates, those who point a finger at the innocent you, those who stabbed you in the back. its a struggle. but Christ did it. He still loved us when we mocked Him, He still loved us when we shouted " crucify Him". what more me? what more just simply the word love? makes me think even more about the times i fail to love those who make me angry. at times i forget that even though i fail Him many many many times, by falling short of His glory, He still picks me up and say i will still love you. and thats all that matter.
1 John 4:19 ; "We love because He first loved us."
van


No comments:

Post a Comment