Monday, September 6, 2010

The Ice Cream Maker

Got this powerful message from : christypovolish.wordpress.com

As I listened to our pastor yesterday, he really got me to thinking about today’s story. We were reading out of Mark, chapter 8, verses 27-38. One question that Jesus asks to His disciples is “Who do men say that I am? The disciples shared what they had heard others say. Then Jesus asked each of the disciples, “But who do you say that I am?, referring to each one of them. The question that Jesus asked was different the second time He asked it. The first question was more on the lines of what they had heard others say about Him and the second question was what do each of them say that He is. Very different, just like each of us and I like to refer to us as the 31 flavors. We each look different, and will say something different as to who do we say that Jesus is, yet we all were created by the same Ice Cream Maker, and once we become alive in Jesus, we will truly know who is He. Jesus was created with a purpose as each of was. We are to live in our intended purpose. Had He not died on the cross, then I wouldn’t be alive in Him today.

This really got me to thinking and so I wanted to take this a little further and move into Mark 9, verses 1-5. Here Jesus shows Himself by ”transfiguring before them, His clothes became shining, exceedingly white, like snow, such as no launderer on earth can whiten them.” Mark 9:2-3

Not only did God ask them before in Mark 8, who they thought He was, in Mark 9, He began showing them who He truly was. He was letting them in on the “ice cream making business” if you would so call it. He allowed them to be a part of what is to come and to be held with the highest secret of not sharing the news with anyone. The step by step process of making the different ice cream could not be told to anyone until the store was open for business. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t consider my Lord dying on a cross, a business, but had He not done the job that He was given, then, I would not be privy to the information that God has blessed me with. He has taken me in under His wing and has allowed me to manage this Baskin Robin store until He comes back. It is has now become my job to advertise for my Savior and to share with others all that God has to offer, through His Son Jesus Christ.

So the question today to all of you is as you look into your heart is, Who do you say that Jesus is? Have you made our Lord one of the flavors in your life, setting Him equal to you or are you allowing Him be the Ice Cream Maker and sharing all the wonderful things that He has to share with you? We have to die to ourselves daily, pick up our cross, and move forward with the plan that Christ has set before us. To do this, means that we must recognize who He really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment