Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Here's to a better year ahead


I believe its good to begin this post with a "short" reflection about the year 2012. Hmm where do i start. Firstly, i believe that my life is really really different from how it was in 2011. Gone are those days when i was schooling in a one coloured uniform. And gone are the times when all i was fighting for was for the A levels. The 2012 year has set my life on new platforms and also opened my eye alittle more to the world that exist beyond my imagination. For 6 to 7 months i was school-less and i was as if living on thin air. I had no idea where life was bringing me next. What does my future hold? At that point in time, i was unclear. Rejection letters came in one by one. And i lost hope. And i feared. While everyone was overjoyed with their side of good news. I was shattered. But not all of hope was gone. I was accepted into UOL-SIM, Econs. I was thankful for that opportunity again. Though i may not be coping well as i thought i would and at times is still shaken by the fact that people have prejudice against students from SIM, im still thankful and grateful for the vacancy. On the other hand, our journey at St Andrew's (SAC) also took a twist. Since i started my journey at SAC, i always thought that that was where i belong. And thought that that was home. But life really surprises you at times when you least expect it. Now our family has began our new journey at Redemption Hill Church. A small yet warm church. There are many expatriates there with their families but yet it feels nice to be there. (: Next, from a family of 4, now i'm happy to announce that our little princess is 1 year old already. And it has been 1 year since i started learning to take care of a baby. And rather experienced i must say (: haha. And ever since she entered our lives, going home has always been a very fruitful thing. I look forward to go home, open the door and see her happy and joyful face expecting my return. What a joy indeed. And lastly i thank God for these changes. Good or bad, i believe He planned them for a reason. Furthermore, Alv has made a big step in his journey with the army. in 2011, he entered the army, went through BMT with the Obese pes, gotten the Best recruit award and was blessed to be in OCS. He finished his service term well in the Sierra wing, and proceeding to his professional term in Golf Wing as a Infantry cadet. Our courtship has indeed also emerged stronger. And i'm thankful for his successes. 2012 has been a year of changes. Adapatation to all the changes. And to end the year, our family is now crashing at our uncle's house because of the renovation at home. More adapatation. But all these changes mould us and shape us to be better and stronger for what's ahead. 

As 2013 begins, i pray that it will be a more fruitful year and of course a year of many more blessings. I guess im gonna list my new year resolutions below. hahah (:

  • Put God as my priority
  • Study hard and know that a Honours Degree dont come easy
  • Be a more understanding friend and daughter and girlfriend
  • Be a listener more than a talker
  • Be disciplined
  • Improve on my anger management
  • Work Hard for my goals be it losing weight or being neat or etc.
  • To know nothing else is greater than my daddy God 
  • To stay positive 
  • Raise my self esteem alittle, just alittle
  • And cherish my friends more


"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all things will be given unto you." 
- Matthew 6:33

Love, Van

No comments:

Post a Comment