Sunday, January 2, 2011

Did i make the right choice by taking a step back?

    
                I think i did. and i guess its high time that i learn to do it myself and not wait for something to happen. obviously deep within i feel that burden of something big emerging, but i know that the words of God is much greater than the words of men. i have chose to taken this path, and i hope that they respect it just like how i respect it so much. i took a deep breathe and decided that this is what i want. or maybe what God has impressed upon me. im not too sure if what i did was really the right thing, but i know there is no turning back after i have sent the mail.
        After returning to Hanoi, many things are different, i feel all of a sudden, out of place and this is when i feel its time to leave. Its been awhile since the thought of leaving the ministry have been on my mind. Or rather, it isnt leaving the entire ministry, but rather its leaving the praise ministry in lync. i dont think its leaving, its taking a break from all the hassle. Taking a break, to be like Mary, sitting at the feet of Jesus and be less like martha... I have been busy trying to serve Him that i forgot that i need to read His word daily and retreat to His side daily. the trip to Hanoi really opened my eyes and increased my sensitivity to God's still voice.
          Leaving is never an answer to ending, its running away. so im not leaving, but rather taking time off to really get right with God. What more this year is a crucial year. And i want to dedicate much more time to studying for Him. Learning to say no and of course learning to allow Him to take first place in my life.
           "God, give me the courage to face whatever is to come in front of me. Be it the gossips, the trials, the temptations, the storms and the rainy seasons..." This year, i want to do something different about my life. i want to make a commitment to God that I will walk closer with Him day by day. Help me not to lose focus of the eternal goal im pressing forward to Lord.
            i give thanks for the sudden courage to click "send" and give thanks for the understanding people around me that really support me in taking that step of faith to make that decision.
             Indeed, 2011 is gonna be different (: i can promise that.

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3: 17

love, van

No comments:

Post a Comment