Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Trust God's leading.


Proverbs 3:5 - 6 states, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

in simple words, surrender your everyday to God van (: this verse use to speak to me so deeply. this verse was carved on the wall at the back of the wall in st marg's. i remember there was once it was during o levels and i was just sitting on the floor facing the wall preparing for the next paper so that i could enter the hall. and i was panicking because i did not really revise enough i knew full well that i was not ready to sit for the paper. but at that moment, all i could think of was how i could cramp everything in my head in that last 15 mins or so before that paper. the verse was so so so big ahead of me, but yet i did not even follow it. but then, a minute before the paper started, i looked up. and i saw the verse staring straight at me. and then i knew," its time." at that moment i nearly broke down, because i chose to lean on my understanding instead of His. i chose to want to rely on my strength to overcome the paper, instead of His. but many times i fail. and now, its ironic. because in innova there isnt anymore verses around the school premises to remind me, " van you need to lift it up to God to do the work that you yourself are not capable of." and its time i know that He is in control.
i miss st marg's. i miss seeing all the verses at every level of the school, knowing that even in times of business and crazy moments, God is at work. indeed He is, just that i chose to close a blind eye in the past. but now, i admit that i alone cannot overcome the challenges. only He can make my paths straight.
oh yah and lastly, this reminds me of the phrase at the top of the school hall in st marg's, " TO GOD BE THE GLORY". yap. its His glory not mine. (: i really miss st marg's. it was my comfort zone (:
van

No comments:

Post a Comment