Thursday, August 1, 2013

Nobody is my soulmate



Came across an article online on this really wonderful blog i discovered on FB and then it seems like all the mud has now cleared and it made so much sense about the whole "God doesn't have that one person all planned out for you" sentiment.

I somehow loved this part of the article very much: "There is no biblical basis to indicate that God has one soul mate for you to find and marry. You could have a great marriage with any number of compatible people. There is no ONE PERSON for you. But once you marry someone, that person becomes your one person. As for compatibility, my mom would always pipe up when my girlfriends and I were making our lists of what we wanted in a spouse (dear well meaning Christian adults who thought this would help us not date scumbags: that was a bad idea and wholly unfair to men everywhere) that all that really mattered was that he loved the lord, made you laugh, and was someone you to whom you were attracted. The rest is frosting." 

And this whole article made so much sense to me about why i chose Alv to be that other half for my life as of now and i hope for the rest of my life. He wasn't that figure whom i imagined to be with, he wasnt that all-so-perfect guy every girl would pray for in their 'dream' guy, but the best thing about him, is that he is just right and perfect for me. And i just love everything about being with him. 

Another part of the article that i really loved, was this:" But now I delight in choosing to love him everyday.
I like it better this way, with the pressure on me and not on fate, cosmos, or divinity. I will not fall out of love, cannot fall out of love, because I willingly dived in and I’m choosing daily to stay in. This is my joyous task, my daily decision. This is my marriage."
"I willingly dived in and I'm choosing daily to stay in. This is my my joyous task, my daily decision." 
If one puts her heart to love a man with all she can give, then there isnt anything else in the world that can stop her in believing that the right one. It takes one to make that decision daily to fall in love with her man and to choose to stay in the game diligently. Its not easy maintaining a relationship, but its not impossible. 
Especially now that Alv's in the army, our relationship can be on the edge sometimes. We squabble, we quarrel, we cry, we fight and all kinds of rough patches couples go through, but at the end of the day, we can come back out of all of it and say that we still want to love each other everyday. I believe thats a important foundation of this relationship. And that we both know that we will want to be a part of each others' lives. Well, that is sufficient. 
I believe this article relates to not just me but to many (christian) girls out there who from at a young age wonder about the man that God has planned for her life. 
Article is taken from: http://theartinlife.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/my-husband-is-not-my-soul-mate/


No comments:

Post a Comment