Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Taking it slowly, step by step



Its been exactly a month now since i've decided and settled on the withdrawal from SIM. This past month have been a very thought provoking month. Because it wasnt just about quitting SIM, it was about, so whats next.
And i've learnt to take it slowly. Take life slowly i mean, and to embrace it. It hadnt been easy coping, there were moments i thought i made a wrong turn, but there were also moment i would give myself a pat on my back and said, "you were courageous enough to do that, so go pursue what you enjoy." Many many moments that i cant seem to remember now, but that that very particular moment in time, my emotions were all so strong. Be it of joy, of sadness, of guilt, of disappointment. But im glad to be where i am today, and actually, very thankful.
I enjoy being able to do things that i never had the time for, such as sitting at starbucks for hours, not studying or rushing up on contents for a particular school module, but just reading a book i love, or simply sitting there watching the day go by. It was enjoyable. Oh and also going for afternoon swims alone and taking time alone to just be with myself. Love that.
In the past there were many moments that i gave away the opportunity to spend on my own. But i must say, its really, pleasingly peaceful and refreshing.
Now all im hoping for is for Paper Market's boss to give me a call soon about my application on the job so i can get more inspiration about artsy stuff. And i hope its a good sign for my next step to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment